The Internet has become a the best place to get information, and people are willingly contributing their skills. Article bases like GoArticles, EzineArticles and Squidoo as well as essay writing services offer articles teaching every possible subject, updated by people from all over the world. And do not forget that Wikipedia is always there with its huge base of academically reviewed essays. Do you want to learn to play the drums? Have you always wanted to know how to draw cars? The Internet has it all. With so much information to choose from, it’s no wonder that people are neglecting traditional learning aids, and are using the Internet to study independently.
If you are one of these self-sufficient students, you’ll need more than an Internet connection to achieve your goal. The Internet is only a tool. The tough part is to use it efficiently. Having no teacher’s, quizzes or homework makes studying more pleasant, but not less demanding.
Use the following tips for studying with the Internet:
- Come determined. If you wish to learn, just do it! There’s nothing that can stand in your way. Remember that no one is standing over your head but yourself.
- Define your goals. You must sit down and carefully plan your studies’ goals. What would you like to learn? What would you like to do with the information you accumulate? In what ways would you like to put it to use? These are the questions you must answer so you can draw up an efficient study plan.
- Mark “Study time” in your calendar. You are a free agent, but you must make sure that you can clear a few hours every week for studies. In addition, check to see that the time you can spare fits the goals you have set for yourself. If you want to learn to speak Italian fluently within a year, allocating 1 hour per week might not be enough.
- Scour the Net. Let the cramming begin! Tap into search engines and knowledge bases looking for the information you need.
- Practice. Do not neglect your exercise, even though there’s no one to examine your work.
- Enjoy! This one is an important tip: try not to lose your enthusiasm for learning. Working alone can be tiring and frustrating, but the satisfaction from acquiring knowledge is wonderful recompense.
So… what are you waiting for?? Go and learn something new! Good luck!